How to Join
Important: Some people are getting an error when they try to apply for membership. If you get an error page, please wait one to two minutes, and then copy and paste the URL of the webpage you are on into a separate tab. You should then be able to continue the registration process. Sorry! We're working on a better solution.
*Please Note: When submitting your application, please read ALL instructions. The application process can be delayed or even discontinued without the proper proof of qualification.*
If you were a member in the past - PLEASE do NOT submit a new application. Go to your profile page and log in to your account (email us at email@example.com if you can't remember the email address you used or your password). You should see a Renew Storymakers! button. This way you will not be charged the additional application fee or accidentally create another account.
As a group of authors who are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, our purpose is to encourage and support published authors, strengthen the cause of literacy, and raise the quality of literature by LDS authors in all genres and markets.
If you are an LDS author who is anxious to forward the cause of literature and strive for quality in your writing, we would love to have you join us. There will be opportunities to participate in book signings, literacy events, conferences, and more.
Upon applying for our organization, our membership chair will review your application to make sure all the requirements have been met. Once the board puts it to a vote, you will be granted membership and be able to view our Facebook Page and receive our newsletter. You will also have an opportunity to be featured, along with your work, on the home page of the website. (We reserve the right to accept or reject any material offered for the site.) Carefully read the membership requirements below. If you qualify, please join us!
Please read ALL instructions to the end of the page carefully!
You must be a traditionally published author, Whitney finalist or winner, an author who has a signed contract with a publisher or who is represented by a literary agent, or an indie author who meets the below-listed criteria, or who meets other standards determined by the Board of Directors; and who pays the annual dues set by the Board of Directors.
Criteria for membership:
1a) Traditionally Published
- Have a book published through a traditional publisher, which must include a submission and acceptance/rejection process, an editorial process, cover and design work, printing, and distribution of the book by publisher for profit.
- A traditional publisher should bear all the costs of printing and publication, and must publish at least three books a year.
1b) Independently Published
- Have a professional edit of the qualifying book. (Proof will be required.)
- Self-published your book, either in print, ebook, or audio format.
- Made $250 net profit on the sale of your book, either in print, ebook, or audio format or a combination of the three.
1c) Agented or Under Contract
- Have a signed contract with a traditional publisher for the publication of one or more titles that meet the criteria.
- OR have a contract of representation from a literary agent working with you on at least one full and completed manuscript.
For a book to qualify under any of the above, it must be:
- Published within the past five years.
- 50K words for adult book or 20k words for children’s book. Picture books, co-authored books, and other various situations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Written by the applicant. Books in which an author compiles stories, experiences, or the like from various other authors are not eligible.
2) You must be a member in good standing of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
3) You must support the mission and purposes of LDStorymakers.
4) You must not own, be employed by, nor be involved with manuscript approval for a publishing company, nor have done so for the past twelve months at the time of membership application or re-application.
5) You must pay the membership joining dues of $30 and annual dues thereafter of $20. No application can be considered until payment has been received.
BECOMING A MEMBER – STEP BY STEP PROCESS
- Pay the $30 membership dues via PayPal via the button at the bottom of the page.
- After payment, you will receive an automated email requesting all the information we need to review your qualifications. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book to insure that you receive this email and that it does not go to a spam folder.
Be sure to include your PUBLISHING CREDIT(S) with AMAZON LINKS, DATE OF ELIGIBLE BOOK RELEASE, and the NAME OF YOUR PUBLISHER OR INDIE, AGENT, or EDITOR along with corresponding WEBSITE LINKS in chronological order, listing your latest publication last. Failure to include this information may delay your membership. If you do not receive this automated email, please contact us.
Please do not ask to join until you are sure you meet the above requirements.
- Once we receive verification of qualifications, we will begin processing your membership. Subject to Board approval if the publishing and joining requirements have been met and dues have been paid, we will grant forum access and Facebook access, and add you to our website pages.
In successive years, the annual membership cost is $20. We encourage you to sign up for the autopay so that you won't need to manually make the payment each year.
If for any reason you do not meet the qualifications for membership, your joining dues will be promptly refunded.
Should you qualify for membership, you will receive an email detailing any pertinent information you might require.
|LDStorymakers Joining Dues - $30.00 USD (Funds will be returned in the event that your application is not accepted)|